At RootsTech 2019, Ancestry announced their new DNA tool ThruLines to use and you evaluate your Ancestry.com DNA results. Thrulines caused a lot of excitement and buzz among the conference goers and with good reason. It is an exciting new tool designed to show how you may be related to a DNA match.
Remember, just like Ancestry’s new MyTree Tag tool, ThruLines is also still in Beta. Ancestry is looking for feedback from its users.
How To Find Your ThruLines on Ancestry.com
1. From the Ancestry.com homepage, click “DNA” in the very top menu.
2. From the drop down, click “”Your DNA Results Summary.
3. ThruLines will to the right of DNA Matches. Click the green “Explore ThruLines” button and you are ready to start exploring.
Fellow genealogy researcher and creator of popular genealogy Youtube Genealogy TV channel Connie Knox created a fantastic video demonstrating how to use Ancestry.com‘s ThruLines. It’s short and packed with loads of good information.[Connie’s a fellow North Carolinian, too!]
Did you miss Ancestry.com‘s other new tool – MyTree Tags? Learn more in How To Use Ancestry.com’s NEW MyTrees Tags Tool .
Other DNA and Genetic Genealogy Posts of Interest:
- 15 DNA + Genealogy Posts To Boost Your Research
- Two Common Genetic Genealogy Questions Answered
- You Got Your DNA Test Results – Now What?!