17 March 2021 at 2 PM (EST)
As genealogy researchers we are familiar with the large genealogy databases like Ancestry.com, FamilySearch, MyHeritage and FindMyPast. We know how to search and navigate those sites, but…
Are you missing out on using NON-genealogy tools and record sources in your research?
Once we exhaust the usual records such as censuses, wills/estate records and vital records, do you know where else to turn? Do you know:
- How to search special collections?
- What types of periodicals are available to use?
- How to find and research for records when you cannot travel or get to the repository?
Now imagine you have just exhausted your last known-to-you record.
Imagine knowing the next steps to find more obscure records easily overlooked.
Imagine the feeling confident you’ve completed an exuaustive search for your ancestor(s).
That’s totally possible for you!
I started researching my ancestors 12 years ago and struggled to get beyond those usual records for my ancestors. I would find myself stuck in the research with no idea where to seek out more obscure records and records that had not been digitized. I did not know how to learn more about my ancestor(s) life on a personal level. I needed to get into special collections and periodicals, but I did not even know what existed.
After years of research, I now know how to use non-genealogy research tools. I now know how and where to look to find the needed resources. Do I always find my ancestor? No, not always, but I am assured I’ve completed and documented an exhaustive search.
Having gained the confidence in genealogy research skills, and more how to incoporate non-genealogy tools into my research plan, I want to help others learn how to use tools like ArchiveGrid, PERSI, and WorldCat to move their genealogy research forward.
Here’s everything we will cover inside “Out of the Box” Tools for Your Genealogy Research:
- Full tutorials on how to use ArchiveGrid, PERSI and WorldCat
- Examples of how to perform searches within each collection
- How to take the next step to access newly identified needed records
- Bonus! How to find and use free books on Google Books!
- You will also receive access to the handout
In this 90 minute masterclass class I will show you how to perform searches and navigate ArchiveGrid, PERSI, WorldCat and (bonus!) Google Books to confidently move your resource forward.
This training can save you hours of research time and frustration and sharpen your genealogy research skills!
Here’s how it works…
WHAT IS THIS TRAINING ALL ABOUT?
“Out of the Box” Tools For Your Genealogy Research is a 90 minute comprehensive masterclass/tutorial on using ArchiveGrid, PERSI, WorldCat and (bonus) Google Books in your genealogy research.
WHEN IS THE LIVE TRAINING?
This LIVE masterclass will be on 17 March 2021 at 2:00 PM EST via Zoom. If you cannot watch live, no problem! You will be able to access the replay.
WHO AM I?
If we haven’t met yet, I’m Lisa Lisson, genealogy researcher and creator of Are You My Cousin?. I take the overwhelm out of your genealogy research. In this masterclass, I’ve bundled everything I know on using these databases and research tools.
WHAT DOES THIS TRAINING INCLUDE?
Your enrollment in “Out of the Box” Tools For Your Genealogy Research includes:
- Lifetime access to the video training, so you can refer back to the trainings in the future.
- The “Out of the Box” Tools For Your Genealogy Research Handout
Ready to learn how to use new research tools and jumpstart your genealogy research?
IS THIS FOR YOU?
“Out of the Box” Tools For Your Genealogy Research is perfect for the genealogy researcher who:
- Is a beginner to intermediate level genealogy researcher
- Is struggling to move your genealogy research forward
- Does not know how to find the needed resources
- Wants to ensure their research into their ancestor’s date of death is thorough and complete.
WHO IS THIS NOT FOR?
“Out of the Box” Tools For Your Genealogy Research might not be quite right for you if:
- You are not ready to think “outside of the box”
- You do not have the time to practice your research skills
- You have already completed exhaustive genealogy research of your ancestor
In this 90 minute masterclass class I will show you how to perform searches and navigate ArchiveGrid, PERSI, WorldCat and Google Books to confidently move your resource forward, complete that lineage society application or more compeletely tell your ancestor’s story!
IMPORTANT NOTE: As happens in genealogy research, records do not always survive. The strategies I show will ensure an exhaustive research, but does not guarantee a specific date can be found.
I want you to be completely satisfied. If you feel you haven’t learned anything new, let me know within a week and I’ll give you a refund.