Want to know the most often expressed genealogy frustration from Are You My Cousin? readers?
“I cannot find my ancestor’s date of death!”
Finding an ancestor’s date of death can be tough. Why is that?
- Well, records can be lost over time. (Burned courthouses, anyone?!)
- Your ancestor did not have a significant estate to generate many records.
- Death records were not required to be recorded at his/her time of death.
Now imagine knowing where to search for that date of death.
Imagine knowing the common and uncommon places to research.
Imagine the feeling of knowing you’ve done a complete search for that death date.
That’s totally possible for you!
I started researching my ancestors 12 years ago and struggled to find those birth, marriage and death dates for my ancestors. I would find myself stuck in the research with no idea where else to search for that date of death.
After years of research, I now know how to create a “date of death” research plan. I know where to look and how to find the needed resources. Do I always find the actual date of death for every ancestor? No, not always, but I am assured I’ve completed and documented an exhaustive search.
Having gained the confidence in genealogy research skills and performing exhaustive researches, I want to help others learn how to research an ancestor’s date of death and build that family tree.
Here’s everything we will cover inside Finding An Ancestor’s Date of Death:
- The different types of death records for an ancestor and where to find them
- The pitfalls of trusting traditional death records
- Non-traditional records to search for the date of death
- How to narrow down a date of death using when a specific date is not found.
- How to use online databases such as ArchiveGrid to search for needed records (You’re going to love ArchiveGrid!)
- Bonus! How to search for an ancestor’s grave site!
- You will also receive access to handouts and worksheets to get you started!
In this 90 minute masterclass class I will show you how to perform a complete search for that elusive date of death so that you can confidently fill out your family tree, complete that lineage society application or more compeletely tell your ancestor’s story!
This training can save you hours of research time and frustration and sharpen your genealogy research skills!
Here’s how it works…
Finding An Ancestor’s Date of Death is a 90 minute comprehensive masterclass on how to create a genealogy research plan into your ancestor’s date of death and where to find the needed resources.
The training is completely self paced and can be done at your convenience.
Me! I’m Lisa Lisson, genealogy researcher and creator of Are You My Cousin?. I take the overwhelm out of your genealogy research. In this masterclass, I’ve bundled everything I know about searching for an ancestor’s date of death all together.
Your enrollment in Finding An Ancestor’s Date of Death includes:
✔Lifetime access to the audio recording and slides
✔My genealogy research plan template for searching for the date of death
✔My exclusive Finding An Ancestor’s Date of Death Checklist
✔My exclusive How To Analyze the Family Cemetery Research Checklist
Ready to jumpstart your genealogy research and start finding your ancestor’s date of death?
WHO IT THIS FOR?
Finding An Ancestor’s Date of Death is perfect for the genealogy researcher who:
- Is a beginner to intermediate level genealogy researcher
- Is struggling to find an ancestor’s date of death
- Does not know how to find the needed resources
- Wants to ensure their research into their ancestor’s date of death is thorough and complete.
WHO IS THIS NOT FOR?
Finding An Ancestor’s Date of Death might not be quite right for you if:
- You are not ready to think “outside of the box”
- You do not have the time to practice your research skills
- You have already completed exhaustive genealogy research of your ancestor
In this 90 minute masterclass webinar I will show you how to perform a complete search for that elusive date of death so that you can confidently fill out your family tree, complete that lineage society application or more compeletely tell your ancestor’s story!
IMPORTANT NOTE: As happens in genealogy research, records do not always survive. The strategies I show will ensure an exhaustive research, but does not guarantee a specific date can be found.
I want you to be completely satisfied. If you feel you haven’t learned anything new, let me know within a week and I’ll give you a refund