Have you ever thrown up your hands and said this, “Help! I don’t have enough time to research!”
The reality is genealogy research takes a lot of time. A lot of it. You can be successful in your genealogy research in even short increments of time. If you missed it, grab the first 15 Genealogy Tasks To Do In 15 Minutes Checklist below.
Now read on for 15 MORE!
15 MORE Quick Genealogy Tasks To Do In 15 Minutes
1.Check for new DNA matches.
2. Send a contact email to a DNA match.
3. Perform a genealogy random act of kindness.
5. Join in a discussion in a Facebook group. (Set a timer!)
6. Seek out new-to-you Facebook Groups based on a surname or location you research.
7. Create a template for your file names.
8. Create a template for a timeline. (Learn more about timelines and find an example here.)
9. Write a short summary of an ancestor.
10. Read a helpful blog post – like one of mine! 🙂
11. Create a location guide for a location you need to research.
12. Begin the analysis of a document. Don’t worry if you do not finish. Just continue when you have another 15 minute time block.
13. Watch a YouTube video about a “new to you” topic in genealogy. Check out the Family History Fanatics YouTube Channel for great (and quick) videos.
14. Upload your Ancestry DNA results to MyHeritage or FamilyTreeDNA (small fees may apply).
15. Download free blank census forms to have for quick reference the next time your research.
16. Bonus! Put future research times on your calendar.
Got 15 minutes? Ready, set…..research! Oh, and don’t forget to set your timer!
Are you looking for genealogy research tips? Check out these popular posts:
- 7 Places To Start Finding An Ancestor’s Death Date
- How to Determine Your Ancestor’s Birth Date (Even If No Birth Record Is Found)
- How To Research Your Ancestors in a Location You Cannot Visit
Pin For Future Reference!