The holidays are coming! What do you get the genealogists in your family? (For yourself?!) Need a gift for the person who has “everything”?
Who couldn’t use a little help from this year’s Genealogy Gift Guide. Below are suggestions gleaned from around the web to help you with your holiday shopping this year.
- Scrivener [Download] – Great for writing projects including that family history.
- Family Tree Maker Deluxe – Great for recording your family history data.
- RootsMagic 7 Family Tree Genealogy Software / Book Bundle – Another great resource for recording your family history data.
- Paid subscriptions to sites – Fold3.com, FindMyPast – Genealogists always love data!
- Dropbox – Basic Dropbox is free to use, but if your genealogist needs more, a Dropbox upgrade makes a great gift.
- A Genealogy Cruise – Give the gift of a genealogy vacation!
- Genealogy Conference – NGS 2016, Rootstech 2016, and FGS 2016 just to name a few
- A Research trip to a distant location
- Family Reunion – Is there a family reunion in your future?
Genealogists love books!
- Local history books on your favorite genealogist’s area of research.
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot – Not a genealogy book per se, but an incredible family history read. (It’s one of my favorites!)
- The Journey Takers by Leslie Albrecht Huber – One of my favorites! Follow the author’s journey in discovering her family’s history.
- Flip Pal – Portable scanner
- Carson LED Lighted Magnifold 2x Power Rectangular Magnifier For Reading, Inspection, Low Vision, Hobby and Crafts (MJ-50) – Perfect for reading those old, faded documents.
- Anker Astro Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger – Keep those smartphones charged anywhere.
- Legacy Box – Preserve old VHS tapes, photos and movies digitally.
- Flash Drive – Great for backing up genealogy research and for genealogy on the go!
- Business Cards – Not just for professionals! Cards with surname research interests are great for sharing at conferences and local genealogy meetings. Business cards by Moo Cards are my favorites!
- Archival Supplies: Archival Document Box, Archival Clamshell Folio Storage Box
- DNA Test – FamilyTree DNA – Potentially break through genealogy brick walls with DNA.
- External Hard Drive – You can never have too many backups!
Family History Gifts
- Family history books – Create your own family history book, but don’t wait too long! The time to start is now!
- Genealogy Mug – Enjoy your morning coffee!
- Recipe book – Create a family recipe book.
- A Family Tree Chart – Family ChartMasters has a great selection.
- Rolls of quarters
- “School Supplies” – paper, pens, pencils for all that research
- Coin purse (for those quarters!)
- Snacks – Genealogists don’t take long meal breaks!
- Gift certificate
Do you have a great gift idea? Share in the comments. We’d love to hear from you.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links which means I may earn a commission if you decide to purchase a product/service. This does not cost you extra. Be assured I only recommend products/services that I use and think you would like too.